Thursday, February 7, 2013

Disrespectful Comments

I moderate all of my comments.

The other day I opened my e-mail to see three comments.  I thought, wow... I'm excited.  Until I started reading them.  It was from a guy who had nothing better to do than to write three very long and disturbing replies to my posts.  They were all very negative, and didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know people would think...

I didn't read them all, and I'm about to delete them.  I kept them just to see if I wanted to read them later, but my stomach is in a knot, so the next ones will get deleted immediately.



My note to him. 


Fuck YOU.  I'm sure you are sinless.  I know I'm not.  I have many regrets.  I am now trying to make the best of it.  Judge not.  





Peace to all.  Even the guy I say Fuck YOU to.


7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about it! The commenter is most likely some deeply closeted, in-denial homophobe who has been lying to himself, his family and everyone around him for his whole life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right response. Of course, you open yourself to cranks in a public forum like this when you allow comments. But then you'd miss all the supportive and appreciative comments too. Hang in there, friend. You're not alone. And from a guy in a similar situation...thanks for your writing/sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no gain in reading the other hate filled mail...just delete Move on to a more positive place and away from that garbage. Best of luck!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. I occasionally get the cranks too. Just remember, there is noting wrong with you. There is something wrong with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I write a Gay Groom blog (about being a married gay man) and not a week goes by without getting a note for some lunatic. Don't let it get you down. Now I kinda think that I'm doing something right when I get one :)
    Jeffrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys, I agree, no need to read the negative. Useless to take in ignorance and other people's fear. I was married as an openly gay man to a straight woman beginning 1982. We were the "freak of the week" for about a year, as her best friend was a writer for our San Diego paper. We ended up on Oprah, when her show was just " AM Chicago", and our statement was always the same. We are born gay/ straight/ bisexual, just like C A Tripp states in his book, Homosexual Matrix. She knew I was gay, as we had been good friends for years. Her husband died of cancer, leaving her with three kids, so we married to care for them. We had ups and downs, and yet I believe this relationship helped me become a more well rounded, confident man. We seperated in 1995, as she wanted to live out of the city near the kids and grandkids. She passed in 2008. We were always close and loved each other, and accepted each other. Hang in there, guys. It gets better as time passes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time we spoke with people, we always said that no one has the right to say who should love who, as long as consenting adults; this was very controversial in the early to mid '80's especially with AIDS, but we were determined to be clear that love happens, and that is a good thing. Best of luck to all you guys. You are very courageous.

    ReplyDelete