I have been working in my basement alone for the last year. I only have contact with people by e-mail and sometimes I get someone to talk with me on the phone about the services I sell. I do get out to make a customer call every now and again, but that has been limited over the last month. I think I need more people connection.
Here is what I do, that is wierd. I have five different e-mail addresses open.
- One is my double secret e-mail, I give to people who I don't even want to know my first name. It is on yahoo and has yahoo chat open. Very rarely do I talk with anyone there, but I used to all the time when I was trying to hook up.
- Another is my secret e-mail, It has gmail chat, and there is one guy I chat with once a week or so. He is a great guy that is divorced and gay. We knew each other from my hook up days.
- One is my personal e-mail with my wife,
- Two work e-mails.
- Then there is Facebook. I look at it about 4 to 5 times a day. Reading about everyone else, very seldomly posting anything.
- Ohhh... and I almost forgot my Linkedin profile. I don't have it open everyday, but I spend some time on there looking for people I know, and connecting.
- I also have my reader list on my gmail open all day. When ever a new blog post is posted, I read it right away. I continue to add new blogs I like to read. Sometimes in the morning I can spend up to two hours reading stories or posts on them. I know, I should be working. I continue to check them all of this all the time.
- I also have to check my stats on blogger. I love it when I have my viewers. I am disapointed when there are not enough.
- Then there is words with friends. It may fall into another catagory, but I feel connected when I get a message that it is my turn. Someone just thought of me.
So what needs filled? Is it the connection with men? The connection with family?Am I ADHD? The connection with people in general? Or is it I need more intamacy in my life? Am I lonely?
I could just start more cold calling?
I think I might start working more in the sunlight and upstairs where I can see outside and see the world. I live in a rural area, so I will see nature, not people. I need to focus this nerveous energy on work.